Wise Geese

geese_cull_cost_sharing_proposed_1630887165

One of my favorite signals of the change of seasons in New York, is hearing the Canadian Geese honking as the fly overhead, south in the autumn and north in the spring. I stretch my neck like  a  goose to see the telltale V-formation in which they fly high in the sky.

canadian_geese_in_water

These beauties are waterfowl living throughout North America. They are recognizable by their elegant long black necks, the distinctive honking sound they make, and  flying in a  V-formation.

geese

Another fact which I found interesting is that they mate for life.  Their habitats are  near ponds, rivers, and lakes. They eat aquatic vegetation or grain and corn from nearby fields which is not often appreciated by the farmers.  Their  huge appetite produces large amounts of excrement which  is an unpleasant side affect  especially in urban park settings.

Well, from the title, you can see that I think these geese are wise, but I haven’t discussed that aspect of their nature.  Please view the short  video to learn about the  instinctive wisdom of geese which we all could learn from and emulate!

Namaste. . .  . .This Is Humans Learning from Geese!

27 Responses to Wise Geese

1. Rusha Sams says:

Can’t believe you got that fabulous shot of geese flying in formation! Good for you.

2. Harbin77 says:

Beautiful picture, and we love it also when they fly over our house here in Texas and they are just honking as they go.

3. OyiaBrown says:

Reblogged this on Oyia Brown and commented:
    Profound!

4. geese are beautiful, I love and have 2 pieces, but now lost due to thieves

5. dalo2013 says:

I couldn’t agree more, the Canadian Geese are one of the most beautiful birds…especially in flight. I love being out and hearing their call and searching the skies for their formation, and just sit and watch.

Yes, perfect! Do you mind telling me in which state you live? Namaste!

• dalo2013 says:

I grew up in Eastern Oregon (Pendleton http://dalocollis.com/2013/09/08/leter-buck/) and now split time in Seattle and Hong Kong. My two favorite birds: Canadian Geese and Ring-necked Pheasant. Wood ducks are also beautiful (my dad has wood duck nests at his pond outside of Pendleton…and they look as if they are painted pieces of art). Namaste!

I had gotten another nice geese comment from a man from Texas . It is so cool to have friends all over. Have you seen Duck Dynasty on TV? The family makes #1 duck call. It is # 1 show. It is a riot. Our grand babies introduced us to it! Ducks and Oregon, I know that from University teams!

• dalo2013 says:

It is pretty amazing to get to know people from such different areas and walks of life 🙂 Yes, the UO Ducks are well loved, and saw the Duck Dynasty this year. Great show…I remember growing up with my Dad practicing duck calls (much to the chagrin of my mom and sisters). Do you have more traveling planned?

Husband is giving a paper at a conference in Hawaii in January. . . clever man and we plan to stay a week or more . I want to see a volcano and jungle and he wants to go to the huge observatory ! Then next summer planning Istanbul and Berlin. Strange combo? How about you ? Have you been to incredible India ? 😎

• dalo2013 says:

Have been to India a few times (textile trade), and loved it but never really explored it like it deserves to be explored. Heading to Myanmar over Christmas with my sister…very much looking forward to it. Istanbul would be incredible, a place I hope to go one day. The ‘Hawaii in January’ trip is perfect.

We were in Ahmedabad called the Manchester of India because of mills. Did you go there or Kutch also in Gujarat? Myanmar sounds great , too. I have not been in further east than India, but David has been to Shanghai. Son spent a lot of time for Intel in Japan and loved it .

I want to go to Jordan to see Petra but David says he doesn’t want to be someone ‘s political statement ! I have given up on seeing Machu Pechu!
        Traveling gets in the blood doesn’t it?

6. tiramit says:

‘humans learning from geese…’ it’s good!

7. Baldeep Kaur says:

Thank you for reminding me of my long lost friends.. while i was in Denver, these geese will make my neighborhood park their home for months..

I simply love them!!

8. Marilou says:

There is definitely some valuable information here and after
    reading your website, I believe you must carry on going and expand on the
    fundamentals you’ve laid to this point. In my experience, this could be thee start of a wonderful thing.
    All the best wiuth it!