The Simple Life. . . . .

1380488_673203689364754_1377923618_n

This Is Incredible India!   How does he survive without a cell phone?   Namaste. . .  . . .

This entry was posted in India, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to The Simple Life. . . . .

1. Harsha says:

And He is form North East India-Assam,My Home State Anne and His name is Jadav Payeng.. 😀
    And I am grateful to you for the Post.. 😀

How cool is that? Is that where the tiger preserve is? It is. Long way from Bangalore up there! Does Jadav live near your family ? Looks so wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

• Harsha says:

Yup..The Tiger Reserve in in Assam and it is around 3000kms from Bangalore.. 🙂
        And No he doesn’t live near my family..He is around 150kms away from where we live in Assam.. 😀

One of my other Indian friends told me about the tigers. Sadly, I doubt we would ever get up there as there is not major architecture there! I did tell David about the Bangalore gardens and he said that sounds nice. Only problem is that it is a huge city. He had to cut Mumbai. And wi probably cut Delhi next time. . . Too expensive and hard to manage the train with lge groups. And he had his IPhone stolen in train station. These things happen traveling. . . .

• Harsha says:

Indeed it is expensive and hard to manage with large groups and especially when the Trains are jam-packed..
        And yes you might lose your valuables in such cases too..
        But I hope yo visit Bangalore on your next trip to India.. 😀

How often do you go home? How do you travel? 3000 km. wow that is a lot of miles !

• Harsha says:

Indeed a lot of miles..Sometimes I go by Flight and sometime by Train..It almost take 56 hours by Train…But I love train journeys over Flight because you get to see many things and places.. 😀

Are you in school or working ? I love train travel , too ! We went 2 Nd class and it was fine in India. We went after the news story about food on trains making people sick so we ate lots of bananas, cookies . And chips? We went from Goa to Ahmedabad via Mumbai and I think time was. 18 hours. 56 hours, the vacation would be over. I don ‘t like to fly much but like to go places. . So have to . We flew to Varanasi. Have you been there? Amazing !

• Harsha says:

I am Working now…Ya I have been to Varanasi on a small trip,many of my Friends are from there.. 🙂
        And Yes Varanasi is amazing both culturally and traditionally.. 😀

You look like you are about 12 years old! 😎

• Harsha says:

Hahaha..I will take that as an Compliment.. 😉

Good, that is how I meant it!

• Harsha says:

Thank You Anne.. 😀
        BTW When are you guys planning your next trip to India,if you don’t mind asking

We would like to go on the next architecture group which is jam until May 2015. If he isn’t chosen to lead the group maybe we can just come on our own. When he comes as professor , we only have to pay for me and we get to. Stay for 4 months. We hope to go to Germany, Berlin and Istanbul Turkey this summer.

2. Awesome! Planting trees is like feeding Mother Earth! 🙂

3. chr1 says:

One could do a lot worse. Thanks for the post!

4. tiramit says:

Interesting, Harsha says the man is from Assam, one of the few Indian states with a high percentage of Buddhists…

I know that is Indo -Chinese border. I think Buddhism started in India. We never visited any temples but near Varanasi we saw a site of some special enlighten sermon. I , think too , that Buddhism is making a resurgence in the country of its birth! Is that true?

• tiramit says:

It started in India but became integrated into Hinduism, the resurgence you mention comprises Dalit Hindus, looking for liberation from oppression by upper caste Hindus

Oh that is interesting. The caste system is outlawed now as is dowries but there is such a strong culture of it all. It takes ages to change hearts and minds.

5. Nino Tinari says:

My family aall the time say thhat I am killing my time here
    at net, buut I know I am getting familiarity all the time
    by reading thes good posts.