Spring Seems Far Away from Frozen Niagara Falls

resize (3)

resize

resize (4)

View out from under the frozen falls. . . . .

resize (1)

resize (2)

This is the second time this winter the falls have frozen completely, but the light show goes on. . . .

Beautiful pictures. . . . but so would be a robin or tiny green shoots peeping trough the soil . . . . . . .Sign of spring on flickr group

SONY DSC

Dreams of Spring. . . . . . .

Google images public domain

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, USA and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Spring Seems Far Away from Frozen Niagara Falls

1. Morgan says:

I saw the falls frozen once…not quite like this, but yes, it is breathtaking!

2. Dr. Rex says:

Reblogged this on It Is What It Is and commented:
    This is incredible!! Never seen anything like it!! Wow …. TY for posting!!

3. absolutely gorgeous shots!!!

4. This is Awesome! Truly breathtaking! Thank you for posting.

5. Thanks for these pictures. I have never seen the Falls, but I am awed by the sight of them frozen.

Great pictures. I did not know the fall can be frozen… Spring should be close now… I hope.

7. kyangel17 says:

That makes three of us. It got up to 51 today, but rainy, so joints are protesting. Had a hissy fit in the doc’s office today because he kept me waiting 20 minutes and I was hurting. I am not that person who was there today. It was someone else. Those pictures are so soothing, I wish I had checked this blog out before I left home today.

8. annetbell says:

Well, I have not been to Niagara Falls so I have not seen this either. But in Troy, where we live there are some falls right in the city and I have seen the frozen falls. I remember seeing it for the first time and being wowed. It doesn’t seem possible as the water is moving,but it must just be cold enough to freeze the water in its tracks! Ugh…I am so ready for spring!

9. Dalo 2013 says:

Amazingly beautiful, even though winter is hanging around a bit too long… this was a very nice post. The photos absolutely mesmerizing.

10. Eric Alagan says:

Amazing photos – to be caught in a freeze, as if in one snap – awesome

11. spicyessence says:

I was living in Toronto for the last four years, before moving here in June and Niagara Falls is only an hour away! I have never seen the falls like this before! Such a beautiful sight, but I know this winter has been the worst for them. I think everyone is ready for some warm weather and no more snow storms!

12. Places like this very indulgent eye, I suppose I would have stayed there a few weeks

13. I am in total awe. Sublime pictures!!