I love thanking blogger friends who enjoy my blog. Meenakshi of justmadstuff.wordpress.com is one of these. She sent this nomination to me quite a while back. I am always torn with thinking that I don’t want to show off when I am nominated but I love thanking and passing awards along! I have come to the conclusion that I just need to “do it” and passing along the kudos!
Meenakshi has a very eclectic blog that hits home with my varied thoughts and tastes! She has a photography blog with beautiful tender images and she is a lovely story teller. Please do visit her soon to be inspired.
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Here are 7 memories I have from Christmas as a child:
1. My Daddy and I loved Christmas!
2. Our tree, always a long needle White Pine (the official southern US Christmas tree).
3. The tree was huge and needed to be wired to a hook in molding to insure it didn’t fall over.
4. Daddy had a wonderful collection of houses and landscape details like ice skaters on a mirror lake that he lovingly assembled under the tree each year. It didn’t have a train and now I wonder why.
5. Mama decorated with waxy Magnolia leaves and Boxwood hedge from the yard to make kissing balls, decorate the mantle for the dramatic silver angles and make a swag for the front door. My Daddy would deliver fruit baskets to the people who worked for him. He also would shop on Christmas Eve and deliver toys to families whom he thought may be without gifts on Christmas morning.
6. Mama and I delivered cookie plates to shut-ins and took wreaths to the cemetery for bygone family memories.
7. On Christmas morning , after gifts were opened , we set out for our yearly trip to New York City. This is when my love for the city began. Oh, the ice skating at the foot of the Rockefeller Tree, the amazing automated window displays in the huge department store windows, just walking and looking, and a freezing carriage ride in Central Park. It was and is a magical place!
My nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
Merry Christmas for those of you who celebrate! Congratulations and Best Wishes for the New Year to all!