Saying Goodbye to President Kennedy

Kennedy5

13774846-standard

13774847-standard

JFK Caroline Kennedy

kennedy-johnjr

President John F. Kennedy

The young widow lost her husband, the young children lost their  father and the country lost its innocence.

“The murder of a handsome, vigorous president shocked the nation to it core and shook  the faith of Americans in their institutions and way of life.”  Thus the 60s was born.

There was a popular Broadway play at the time called Camelot about the Medieval Court of King Arthur. Mrs. Kennedy wanted her dead husband’s legacy to be remembered as an American peacemaker who died in a campaigned to pacify the warring factions of mankind. She planted the seed comparing President Kennedy’s administration to Camelot and it stuck.   From: James Piereson – The Daily Beast

“Don’t ever let it be forgot, that once there a spot, for one brief shining moment, that was known as Camelot.”   from Camelot, the play

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, USA and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Saying Goodbye to President Kennedy

1. One of the most saddening events in the American history. There has never been a President as charismatic as JFK was. Yes, he had his failings. But he symbolized America’s hope and actually planted the seeds for the American space age. His ‘Let Man Go to the moon’ speech inspires even to this day mans’ quintessential spirit of exploration and discovery. Thanks for this post.

2. Reblogged this on Amaruvi's Aphorisms and commented:

3. AngieG9 says:

Reblogged this on Angie's Place and commented:
    How many of you remember this horrible time in history?

4. AngieG9 says:

Reblogged this on Angie’s Place: A Train Wreck Looking For A Home, and commented: How many of you remember this terrible time In history?

5. AngieG9 says:

This was one of the worst days I can remember, followed only by the events of 9/11. Everything bad started happening in this country after the assignation of President Kennedy, and the loss of Camelot. It was the age of innocence one day, and the next all innocence was gone.

6. frances says:

I had an American pen pal at the time and can remember her sending me a poem entitled “Six White Horses”. The photo above jogged my memory. The significance of JFK’s assassination escaped me at the age of 13, but now I’m fully aware of the machinations behind it and its repercussions. Not only did it change the course of subsequent events in the US, but also here in the UK – and worldwide. A successful coup d’état – unbelievable. The photos are very poignant; such a sad ordeal for the children. Dare I say, reminiscent of Princess Diana’s funeral over here.

7. Dr. Rex says:

Excellent post! Ah, the sad memories!!

Many thanks for the like and especially the follow! I am thrilled that you would. I have to admit that I am pretty conservative , but I always enjoy your posts as well. I try to be open minded and learn from people who have other opinions than I do! I am not one of the crazy conservatives! Namaste. . . .

8. Thanks for the liking…just a humor by the way…
    Greetings

9. were you able to see the funny side video?

10. reocochran says:

I am always glad when there is a tribute for a great man, he, like all of us, was flawed but a good example of someone who had been raised wealthy but chose to give his live to “service” of the country he lived in. I will always admire JFK and remember the days I watched the somber, black and white t.v. set with my parents weeping.

11. Dr. Rex says:

Reblogged this on It Is What It Is and commented:
    Never forget!! 50 years ago!

12. Pingback: Time Travel, well, time memory | Looking for reasoning to a complicated world