todaycommai.wordpress.com has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. This is a very unique blog which details the adventure of four friends who met their first year at Duke University. Now they are graduated and live in different places with different jobs and interests, but their friendship lives on ! They each write about different categories from an enlightening and fun perspective. Thank you ladies for letting us peep into your extraordinary friendship and learn from each of you ! I accept your kind nomination!
RULES of Versatile Blogger Award to be followed, if you accept:
1. Display the award image on your blog.
2. Mention/link-back to the blogger who nominated you .
3. Nominate another 15 bloggers you think deserve the award.
4. Inform your nominees that you have honored them with nominations.
5. Write 7 facts about yourself.
Seven Facts About Me As Teacher:
1. I have wanted to be an elementary teacher since I was 17 years old and worked as a counselor at a camp.
2. I taught for 25 years, before and after staying home with my two children.
3. I taught every grade between kindergarten and 6th grade except first grade. I had the great good fortune to teach reading /writing workshop for 8th – 12th grade Home Schoolers so I have taught every grade from K-12 except first!
4. I discovered my love of writing and story telling when I was a participant at the Mesa Writing Project while teaching in Arizona.
5. It became my mission to have my students write daily and grow to think of themselves as “writers”. That could never be taken away from them by teachers with red pencils who bloody up their papers in the future!
6. I earned my MA in Elementary Education in my 50s. Then I was off to teach near Phoenix for 7 wonderful yes. Yes, life long learning is a reality if you are willing to “go for it!”
7. I retired in May 2012 to be able to go to India in January 2013. My husband had said I would love India. . . . . .and boy was he right!
Here Are My Nominees. . . .Read Their Work And See How Versatile They Are!