This post is specially for teachers, retired or current, parents and grandparents of children in the United States. The documentary is 39 minutes long, but worth the clear presentation of this new education initiative in the US. These questions are answered:
1. Why was it kept secret in its formation and implementation?
2. What was Bill Gates’ part ?
3. What is the difference of state/local standards verses national standard?
4. Who was involved in producing standards with the goal of making every child college or career level ready upon graduating of 12th grade?
5. What was Race to the Top? Why were states desperate for funds?
6. Goals of more charter schools, improved teacher evaluations, and higher standards are a good thing, right?
7. Who benefits financially from Common Core?
8. States and local communities had the control of local schools until the rise of Common Core? Is this better? Were teachers included in the the planning?
What are your thoughts?