Train Travel in India

I have mentioned before how we really enjoyed traveling by train in India. We found this travel to be reliable, reasonable, and comfortable. We traveled for 18 hours from Goa to Mumbai in Second class and saw lots of the country and lots of the people. The train system was one of the good things that the British gave to the Indian people.

Video | This entry was posted in Travel, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Train Travel in India

1. Daniel says:

I want to do this someday!

LOL, I am always happy when I post something that connects them with Incredible India! The Delhi station was a bit of a challenge but just travel as light as possible on the trains. But realizing Delhi is the capital city of India with a mere population of 17+ million souls, it is hardly a surprise!

One interesting fact I learned this morning is that the new Prime Minister, Mr. Modi dreams of a bullet train! He is used to getting things done so that might be possible in the near future. More time to tour but can’t imagine missing the sights, sounds, and people!

It is a great way to see and experience India. . . . go for it!

2. aaanchalk says:

Indian train journeys are fun. Its a challenging experience attimes. But you can mingle with fellow passengars and have a real good time.

3. swethadhaara says:

I love train journeys most and prefer them over planes. Indian trains are always full of life and they must be experienced!!

Train travel is my fave too. The only thing I like about flying is the speed. I love seeing where I’ve been and where I am going through the train windows. We were a group of 13 so in India , those sleeper trains were a giant sleep over !

4. mishteey says:

even i love to travel in trains … and India offers a good network for rail transportation …