28 TOWNS IN ITALY YOU WON’T BELIEVE ARE REAL PLACES

1. Burano   We have visited most of these fairy tale towns. Burano is on an island off of Venice known as the lace town. I bought beautiful lace tablecloths there from the ladies who made them, one for me and one for each of my children.

Burano

San Leo

27. Atrani

Atrani

28. Cala Dogana, Levanzo

Cala Dogana, Levanzo

Fabio Montalto / Getty Images / Flickr Open

This entry was posted in Architecture, Travel, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to 28 TOWNS IN ITALY YOU WON’T BELIEVE ARE REAL PLACES

1. etinkerbell says:

You have chosen amazing places , I am particularly pleased with Scilla. I am from there 🙂

2. annetbell says:

That is so cool. Italy and Sicily are amazingly beautiful!

• etinkerbell says:

Scilla is in Calabria, but you can see Messina from there. Only 3 km separate them. The place of the pic is named Chianalea,it’s the fishermen’s village……how I miss those places 🙂 Thanks for sharing 🙂

I was thinking of Cefalu, the Sicilian fishing village shown in the list. I have been there but not to Scilla. Even after all our stays in Italy, there is more to see.. . . . . .

• etinkerbell says:

I’m Italian and I haven’t seen all those beautiful places, how many lives should we need to see all the beauties in the world ? 😉

3. alida5477 says:

I think I want to move! anyone of those places would be just lovely!!! WOW!

4. Norm 2.0 says:

We visited Italy (Tuscany) for the first time last year: Florence, Sienna, San Gimigniano. This just makes me want to get on the next flight and go back. So many beautiful places to see!

You have had just a taste of this amazing country. Venice is my favorite place in the whole world! Florence is has the most tourists each year. I used to take the train from Rome to Florence just for the day. Siena is one of professor’s favorites.

We loved Italy and have been to many of these places. Thank you for sharing the images…it was fun for me to remember such fun times. 🙂

Stunning places! Now, I would like to go there 🙂

7. gpcox says:

Beautiful places I will more than likely never get to see. I especially find Alberobello intriguing.

8. Don Ostertag says:

Fairy land. Some of them seem more like painted drops in a theater than real places.

9. OMG!!! all so beautiful!!!

10. I just want to live in Italy …! Pictures are amazing .. You really put together a great post

11. Dalo 2013 says:

Wonderful list and photos. Have heard so much about Lake Como, so that would be 1st on my list, although the Dolomites are calling as well.

12. very beautiful

best wishes

13. hugmamma says:

I’m inspired to hop a plane and see these gorgeous places. hugs for sharing…i might never make it, but at least you took me there…

14. John Ferebee says:

A beautiful set. I would love to visit each based solely on your photos.

If you go to only one place, it should be Itlay. It has the most beautiful architecture, art, sculpture and that creative temperament has carried over to all sorts of design today, too.

15. aFrankAngle says:

Outstanding collections … and to think another list of 20 would be easy to do without duplicates.

16. Aravind Anand says:

Photography is the art of capturing a moment for eternity — and how beautiful these photographs do it!

17. Fantastic photos and how lovely to see so much colour on the houses. We lived in Aberdeenshire for 6 months and it would have to be one of the dreariest places I’ve ever lived, granite everywhere and hardly any colour, really depressing.

18. ladyfi says:

Beautiful places indeed!

19. restlessjo says:

Fantasy indeed! Except I know that a couple of them are real because I’ve been there 🙂
    Many thanks for the follow. Sorry I’m a little late getting here.