My dear blogger friend Don Charisma had an 18 hour award day when he passed along many encouraging awards and I was included! I am very happy to accept these two awards that so meaningfully go together. I thank Don for his help, encouragement, humor, and continued great patience in answering questions. Because of his commitment to blogging and blogger friends and the difference of time where he lives, he has adjusted his sleeping or lack there of to be available during the time when most of his blogger friends are on line. And he is always bright and cheery, certainly living up to his name!
Don is a man of many experiences and talents, engineering, computer software and hardware as well as his willingness to help with a gentle, accepting attitude. He has a huge following and was one of OM’s (Opinionated Man’s aopinionatedman.com ) substitutes giving him exposure to thousands of bloggers.
Check out Don at doncharisma.org and see why “anything is possible with Charisma!”
Section 1: Directions for you to accept the Sunshine Award and 1-4 for the Inner Peace Award.
To accept this award, please do the following:
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
- Present 10 deserving Bloggers with the Award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their award with a comment.
- Write 10 interesting things about yourself.
Section 2: 10 Interesting things about me
1. I am a lifelong learner.
2. I earned a Masters Degree in teaching in my 50s.
3. I moved in Arizona to teach when I was not able to secure a teaching position in New York.
4. I had to learn many new procedures and policies in a huge district, Mesa Public Schools.
5. I was in Arizona for 7 years teaching 6th and 3rd grades.
6. I made many great friends of students, colleagues, and parents with the warm welcome and acceptance with which they greeted and treated me.
7. I loved the weather, yes my favorite temperature was 100 degrees.
8. I am forever grateful for the gracious and kind love my son and his family gave me during my Arizona adventure.
9. My architect knew that I would love the time in India, so I retired to join him in that adventure and you know that he was correct in his prediction.
10. We drove back to New York and saw some amazing sights in the good old U S of A. . . Jackson Hole Wyoming, Mt Rushmore, the Black Hills, Devil’s Tower, Little Big Horn, and miles and miles of rolling farmland.
Section 1a: Directions for you to accept the “Inner Peace” Award + 1-4 above.
The only “rule” for the Inner Peace Award is that you write a short piece on why you are accepting it. I am giving each of you the choice of one or the other of these awards , or both as you decide. Nominate 3- 10 nominees as examples of Inner Peace.
I am accepting the Inner Peace Award so that it gives me the opportunity to encourage and inspire other bloggers.Of course, I also, appreciate the recognition of Don for nominating me. I struggled at first as to whether to accept awards or not,but finally came to that conclusion. I appreciate the love and want to pass it on to others.
Here are my list of nominees. Please feel free take one, the other, or both award. You deserve it!
“As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.” Ancient words of knowledge to remember and live by.