Beginning the Journey……..

After five weeks in India, I am finally starting my blog. I have lots of observations, experiences, and photos I want to share with you. Through my eyes and words, I want each of you to experience this exotic, ancient country of India which is standing on the brink of becoming a world power. And having a blog gives me a reason to write for my family, former students, grand-babies, and friends. Writing is to be read, so having readers, comments, and questions to be answered will encourage me along the way. Each blog, if I remember, will end with  T I I  which is an acronym for This Is India!    Image

Aside | This entry was posted in India, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Beginning the Journey……..

1. Bil says:

Hi Anne!

Good to hear from you. I am glad you are sharing your considerable writing talent with the world. BTW…finished Patch a Hole in the Sky yesterday at 4:03 PM. It will go on Amazon next year. Be safe in your travels and explain India to the world through your eyes!

Bil

2. Connie says:

So glad you have begun! I’ll be following you dear friend.

3. annetbell says:

Congratulations on finishing your book. That has been a gift of love …….I am loving India….though it is a very layered and complicated place.

4. Connie Galbreath says:

So excited to hear the tales! I am hoping one day I can visit as well!

You would love it here. We are wild about the food, even with the Delhi Belly we are experiencing now! My favorites are the children and the animals, of course. Going on a two week trip to the north soon.

5. Elana says:

Greetings from snowy Troy! Wonderful to hear from you and TII through your eyes! Please send me all updates, I look forward to hearing about all your adventures! Regards, Elana

I am not sure I did this right….thought I had already replied. Erye said that dinner is at your house. Hope you don’t have to cancel. How much snow did you guys get? Love to all!

6. Pierre Lagacé says:

I am also a retired elementary teacher…

Liked by 1 person

wow, that is great. What did you teach? I have taught all grades k-6 except 1st. Favorites are 3rd and 4th. Love helping the little ones write daily and work to have them think of themselves as writers. No one with dreaded red pen could take that away!

• Pierre Lagacé says:

6th grade for 17 years and 7 in the 5th grade. Before 10 years at the secondary level mostly teaching English as a second language. I studied to be a history teacher. I taught that subject only 2 years.

I always thought the men teachers in elementary school had so much to give to the children to help overcome the feminization of education. Men were great giving Ll the kids

Oops , giving a different perspective on learning. The women seemed often so picky and lots of kids need some space to learn. I loved differentiated instruction and integrated curriculum , projects and kids all over the floor. Down and dirty learning. Learning isn’t much fun these days , I fear! When did you retire? I did in 2012 to go to India! It was wonderful!

• Pierre Lagacé says:

I taught the way you described in your comment. The things I did kept them interested and involved in their learning. When I think about it, I can’t believe how much work I did.

• Pierre Lagacé says:

I retired in June 2004, then in September 2005 went back full-time to university to get a diploma in translation. I have been translating ever since. My last translation is about someone’s mission…, but that’s between you and me Anne.

Liked by 1 person