The fire started in the yellow house on the corner after a reported gas leak earlier in the day. The fire jumped to the brick row houses where 25 people in a very extended family lived. There were lots of happy children and dogs playing out front on the narrow sidewalk or yes, in the street. Thank God no one died except one of the dogs. Now there are 25 more homeless people to add to the extensive list in Troy. I am sure there will be fundraisers and donations of things and money to help them. That is the tradition of Americans to help others in the world of suffering and as well as their neighbors at home.
Thank you to the brave firemen seen on the roof putting their lives in terrible danger to protect their neighbors.
We were only on a smile and waving knowledge with this family, not even knowing their names, but we will miss the joy that was apparent in their faces and their abundant colorful lighting of the neighborhood at Halloween and Christmas! If of course they are not able to return to their home. We hope the later.
This Is Troy, New York.
image from Times Union Newspaper, Albany, New York