My dear friend Mark at http:// markbialczak.com nominated me for the Liebster Award. It is an award for bloggers who have 200 or fewer followers which neither he nor I am observing. This is an award to honor our fellow bloggers no matter the number of followers.
I call Mark, Marco and he is a very special friend. He is a trained journalist , an expert on all things sports related, and also a gentle, kind human being. I love the way he so respectfully and lovingly refers often to his wife Karen. He is a good husband, too. I also remember how Marco jumped in to help Angie , another blogger, who had difficulty with her blog. Marco got in-touch with WordPress and tenaciously stayed on the situation until Angie got back on line. Mark, feminist, writer and friend. . . . visit his terrific blog.
Here are the answers to the questions Marco asked of me:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in January 2013 from India. My purpose was to have snapshot posts of special places in India.
2. What is the favorite blog post you’ve ever written or photographed, and why?
https://talesalongtheway.com/2013/03/24/a-garden/ This make me cry to even think about!
3. What is the last thing you read not online?
A Glass of Blessings: a Novel by Barbara Pym
4. What is the last online item you read not on WordPress?
News about the current election taking place in the world’s largest democracy.
5. What did you eat for dinner last night?
grilled veggies, asparagus, and chicken breast
6. You are banished to an island for one month. You can bring three items. They are?
My Bible, my laptop and my Kindle
7. You can bring two people, one of each gender. They are?
Hard. . . . Katherine, daughter and Christian , son
8. What was the favorite car you ever owned, and why?
a red B. . . . . . ‘n Camero You have to ask?
9. What is the last band you’ve seen playing live?
I have no idea!
10. Intimate bar show with local band or huge stadium concert with chart-topper. Which do you prefer?
Love the large group atmosphere
11. Great taste or less filling?
Here are the 11 questions my nominees should answer please:
1. Why did you begin blogging?
2. Is blogging what you expected?
3. How did you choose your blog’s name?
4. How do you choose your topics to write on ?
5 Is beer or wine your preference?
6. What is your favorite place you have visited?
7. Why is it your favorite in #6?
8. What is a place you wish to visit that you haven’t ?
9. What is your favorite film?
10. Describe briefly what you would do on your favorite day.
11. What is your largest challenge in blogging?
Here are my nominees. Please visit their blogs and see why !
1. Blogger http://theglutenfreetreadmill.com
3. Blogger http://susipet.wordpress.com
4. Blogger http://thoughtsandentanglements.wordpress.com
5. Blogger http://ohtheplaceswesee.com
10. Blogger http://lydiadevadason.wordpress.com
11. Blogger http://justbadtiming.wordpress.com